Saturday, November 30, 2013

Jesse Tree Journey: What the Angels Saw



I have done the Jesse Tree stories for the past few Christmases with my kids. This year I wanted to bring the stories a bit more to their level, creating a storyline that would pull all of the Jesse Tree Bible stories together in a fun way. This story is my attempt to do that. I am happy to share it with you!

I incorporate the ornaments with our advent calendar. Each day the kids open the “door” on our calendar and pull out the ornament that is inside. Then we read the story together. There are some great ideas for making your own ornaments on pinterest, or I think you can Google ornaments to purchase. I just printed out paper images and glued them to cardboard—cheap but effective. 


I hope you and your family will enjoy sharing this journey with us. I will post the entries Please be patient as I am writing the story as we go along and I’m not quite sure where it will take me. I’m excited to find out!

I will post the daily entries below. Have fun!






No comments:

Post a Comment