Monday, August 20, 2012

Into the Hard

"Then the King will say . . . 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me . . . inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me'" (Mt. 25:34-36, 40).

And does it not follow that whatever we deny one of the least of these, we deny to Him? If we say no to a need He places before us because it is too hard, too scary, too big, requiring too much sacrifice, what are we really saying?

That the God who gave it all for us, the God who receives us with open arms, the God who promises us all the riches of His kingdom, is not enough?

I have spent too much of my life saying no. I do not want to stand before Him one day full of regret for those I turned away from His kingdom. I want to plunge into the hard so I can see what my God will do. I want to open my arms and my heart to receive all He has for me. I want my kingdom to be there, not here. And someday I want to hear Him say,

"Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your Lord" (Mt. 25:21).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment